Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pumpkin Cranberry Yeast Bread

I started making this bread 3 years ago for Thanksgiving breakfast. It's totally scrumptious and I can guarantee you'll be hooked your first try. No one wants a heavy breakfast Thanksgiving morning so this bread is perfect. It makes an amazing toast so... I truly recommend it that way. I make it in a bundt, then slice it thick, toast it, slather it with unsalted butter and sprinkle it with a light dusting of cinnamon/sugar. Happy Thanksgiving! I pray your day is safe and blessed and filled with people you love, traditions you cherish and food you want!

Pumpkin Cranberry Yeast Bread

1C milk
1C dried cranberries

Heat the milk to just under the boiling point (where tiny bubbles form around the outside edge but the milk does not boil). Turn off the heat and add the cranberries. Soak for 15 minutes.

1C pumpkin
1/4C honey
1 egg

Combine in a stand mixer then add the milk mixture and mix well. Add the following:

2 1/4t yeast
5C bread flour (1C at a time)
2C milk
1t cinnamon
1t allspice
1/2t nutmeg

Combine completely and allow to rise, in the bowl, for one hour.

Spray your pan (any pan works, I use a bundt) with non-stick spray then sprinkle the pan with sugar. Pour the batter in and smooth out with wet fingertips. Allow to rise another hour. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350.

Once risen, bake the bread for 15-20 minutes. Cool briefly then invert onto a rack and cool completely.

3 comments:

  1. Good one. I did some pumpkin dough cinnamon rolls last nite. First time using pumpkin in a dough so they should be interesting. Happy Thanksgiving ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I missed making this for Thanksgiving breakfast but I'm not letting that stop me. I am making this this week. Thanks for the recipe. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete