Tuesday, February 2, 2010

MAC-A-VALENTINE

LOVE...

MacTweets Challenge #4 (February)

MAC-A-VALENTINE

This was THE funnest Mac challenge to date, for me! I had the pleasure of creating these little babies with two fabulous food bloggers and dear friends of mine:

Barbara of BarbaraBakes and
Cristie of TheTableRunner

Barbara invite
d us to her home for a Saturday afternoon filled with Mac creating, delicious eating and warm conversation. We each used the same standard recipe (found here) for the shell and then added our own creative flair! I am going to post a few photos but give these ladies a chance to showcase their beautiful macarons on their own blogs. For mine, I chose a lavender shell (in color only, not flavor) and a vanilla bean buttercream center with blueberry-pear jam.














I love Lov
e :)


Happy Valentine's Day!!!

10 comments:

  1. The macs look perfect. You guys are pros! I am still sad I missed out. Hopefully we can plan another baking day soon:) I love that red background too. Perfect for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooohooo! You all are kickin' butt and takin' names with these Macs. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those colors are absolutely gorgeous and the fillings sound so enticing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photos you took at home! I need to invest in some fun props too! Thanks again for baking with me. It was so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Sounds like you guys had fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous looking macs! sounds like all of you had fun together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tiff, what a darling plate! We had so much fun. How can I thank you and Barbara for giving me the "how to's" for making these beauties? I love what you did with yours onces you got home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE LOVE LOVE them. LOVE the fun you had. Barbaraaaaaaaaaaa, I wanna come and mac with you too! Those are some gorgeous macs, and a l♥vely platter too! Thanks a ton for joining us at MacTweets. The journey seems to be getting better & better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. DELICIOUS TO LOOK AT!
    I'd be delighted to hold one :)
    You rock in the kitchen, Tiffany....
    I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete