Sunday, January 30, 2011

Tiny Tiny Donuts


For Christmas, my mom got me a few little kitchen toys.Well, everyone got me kitchen toys :) One of my favorites? This Mini Donut Maker from Bella Cucina.

It's such a fun little appliance and works just like a waffle maker: heat, spray with non-stick oil, pour batter in, close and wait 4-5 minutes. Open it up
to little donut treats that are made with little to no oil! We have made several kinds of donut in this little machine... chocolate, vanilla, berry plus we have made a few glazes as well. The following recipe is simple and made with no oil (unlike the big old fried donuts). It was part of our Sunday brunch this week and we ate it sprinkled with only a little powdered sugar... delicious!

Simple Mini Donuts

1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon nutmeg

Mix wet and dry ingredients separately then combine and pour onto the hot appliance. Close and bake for 4-5 minutes. Remove to a platter and cover with a kitchen towel to keep warm.Sprinkle with powdered sugar just prior to serving.

*I haven't been asked to "endorse" this product. I am simple sharing something fun that I enjoy very much!!

4 comments:

  1. These are so cute and fun! I love that they aren't fried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so fun! I wish I had one to eat right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that appliance is AWESOME! wow.
    i want one, ha
    can i ask were one picks up said machine?
    love your blog ;)
    -meg
    @ http://www.clutzycooking.blogspot.com
    @
    http://www.myscribblednotebook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need that toy! I might even go to the mall tonight. My butt wishes I was kidding. My mouth is stoked.

    ReplyDelete